- List of 10 Best Routers for Streaming Reviews
- 1. ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router
- 2. TP-Link AX5400 High-Speed ax Router for Streaming
- 3. Speedefy AC2100 Wireless Router for Streaming & Gaming
- 4. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
- 5. NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350 AC2400 Router
- 6. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router
- 7. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router
- 8. ASUS AX1800 WiFi 6 Router
- 9. WAVLINK Gigabit WiFi Router
- 10. TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
- How to Choose the Best Router for Streaming
- Frequently Asked Questions
As streaming becomes more popular, the need for a fast and reliable internet connection has never been greater. A router is an essential part of any home network as it connects all your devices to the internet.
Are you looking for the best router for streaming? If so, you’re in the right place. In this post, we’ll give you a breakdown of what to look for when shopping for a streaming-friendly router and share our top picks.
List of 10 Best Routers for Streaming Reviews
1. ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router
- The ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router is the latest and greatest in home networking technology. With ultrafast speeds up to 5400 Mbps, this best router for streaming is perfect for gaming, streaming, and doing everything else you need your internet for.
- The Mobile Game Mode feature minimizes lag and latency for mobile gaming, while the Dedicated Gaming Port automatically prioritizes any wired device connected to it. Whether you’re a casual online gamer or a hardcore competitive player, the AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router has you covered.
- ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router provides up to 4x greater network capacity with WiFi range increased by 80%. With unmatched coverage, ASUS AiMesh Technology allows you to create a flexible, seamless whole-home mesh network. ASUS AiProtection Pro adds a level of security so you never have to worry about unwanted access to your home network.
2. TP-Link AX5400 High-Speed ax Router for Streaming
- The TP-Link AX5400 High-Speed ax Router for Streaming is the perfect solution for anyone who wants faster browsing, streaming, gaming, and downloading all at the same time. This router is equipped with Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming – up to 5400 Mbps WiFi connections that are stable even in the most challenging environments.
- With MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies, you can connect more devices without experiencing congestion. Plus, 4X the average throughput means that you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite shows and games without any lag or delay.
- This router for streaming features improved vented areas to help unleash the full power of the router, as well as one USB 3.0 port for easy media sharing and private cloud storage. Additionally, TP-Link’s premium security services HomeShield keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection.
3. Speedefy AC2100 Wireless Router for Streaming & Gaming
- If you’re looking for a powerful and easy-to-use wireless router that can provide fast, reliable WiFi coverage for your home or office, then the Speedefy AC2100 is a perfect choice. With its dual-core CPU and 4 high gain antennas, this best router for streaming can support up to 35 devices simultaneously, and with its Beamforming technology, you’ll get a stable internet connection with no dead ends. And thanks to its 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band WiFi capabilities, you’ll be able to surf the web, game online, and stream videos without any lag or slowdown.
- Speedefy AC2100 Wireless Router for Streaming & Gaming is a powerful router that provides strong and secure WiFi connections for your home. With features like parental control and guest network access, this router is perfect for families and visitors. And with its AP mode, the Speedefy AC2100 can also be used as a range extender to boost your existing WiFi signal.
4. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
- The ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) is the next generation of WiFi technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation. This router features OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, as well as 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, for a total network speed of 3000 Mbps. Whether you’re streaming 4K videos or gaming online, this best router for streaming can handle it all with ease.
- The ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) is the most powerful mesh system on the market. With AiMesh technology, you can create an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring seamless and stable coverage throughout your home.
- Commercial-grade security features protect your family’s connected devices, while advanced parental controls allow you to manage your family’s internet usage. Mobile App support gives you complete control over every feature of your router at your fingertips, both iOS and Android devices.
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350 AC2400 Router
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350 AC2400 Router is the perfect solution for gamers and HD video streamers. Capable of speeds up to 2400Mbps, this router ensures smooth streaming and gaming without lag or buffering.
- The advanced QoS feature prioritizes traffic for your most important devices, while the beamforming+ technology delivers a stronger signal across both 2.4 and 5GHz bands. With four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, you can connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. The Nighthawk App makes setup easy and lets you get more out of your router.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350 AC2400 Router is the perfect solution for your home or office. It delivers blazing-fast speeds of up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1733Mbps on 5GHz, allowing you to simultaneously stream HD movies, games online, and surf the web with ease.
- The powerful dual-core processor ensures smooth performance, while Beamforming+ technology provides a better range and stronger Wi-Fi signals. Additionally, the best router for streaming features a USB 3.0 port for easy sharing of files and media, as well as IPv6 support for futureproofing your network.
6. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router
- The ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router is the perfect choice for online gaming and streaming. With dual-band wireless, the latest 802.11AC MU-MIMO technology, and four Gigabit LAN ports, this best router for streaming can handle data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps.
- The 1. 8GHz dual-core processor ensures that your network traffic is always optimized, and the USB 3.1 Gen1 port provides fast connectivity for your devices. Plus, with Waist game Accelerator and adaptive Qu’s, you’ll enjoy lag-free gaming and flawless streaming of 4K UHD content.
- Powered by Trend Micro, it provides Built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices. Plus, with the ASUS router app, you can manage your network, usage, and parental controls with ease – even get instant notifications about important network-based events. To get the most out of your AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router, be sure to connect 802.11 ac-compatible devices.
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router is a powerful tool that can help you unleash faster speeds and more power for your devices. This router for streaming is optimized for devices that support Wi-Fi 6, such as the Playstation 5, iPhone 11 and 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 and Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10, and S20.
- With simultaneous streaming of uninterrupted movies, games, video calls, or downloads/transfers at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed, this router can handle anything you throw its way. It also works with any Internet provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber optic DSL, and more.
- NETGEAR’s Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router is made for high-demand homes and offices. It easily connects to your existing cable modem, sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app, and provides network-wide anti-virus, anti-malware, fraud/phishing/ransomware security on an unlimited number of devices. The 2 x 3.0 USB ports also allow you to share a storage drive with any connected device or create personal cloud storage to access from anywhere.
8. ASUS AX1800 WiFi 6 Router
- The ASUS RT-AX1800 WiFi 6 Router delivers ultrafast, next-generation WiFi speeds of up to 1800Mbps. Supporting the latest 802.11ax standard and 80MHz bandwidth, it provides better capacity and efficiency than ever before. Additionally, its 1024-QAM modulation allows for even faster data transmissions, while the dual-band design lets you enjoy lag-free streaming and gaming on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously.
- It supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA, which efficiently allocates channels to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously. Plus, it comes with a commercial-grade security suite that blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices. And if you have an ASUS AiMesh WiFi system, the AX1800 will seamlessly integrate with it for whole-home coverage.
9. WAVLINK Gigabit WiFi Router
- This advanced device supports IEEE 802.11ac/a/n/g/b standards and offers simultaneous connections to both the 5GHz (867Mbps+1733Mbps) and 2.4GHz (400Mbps) bands. With its USB3.0 port, you can easily share files and media with networked devices.
- Plus, its superior omnidirectional wireless range ensures that you’ll get a strong signal no matter where you are in your home or office. So if you’re looking for lightning-fast speeds and exceptional coverage, look no further than the WAVLINK Gigabit WiFi Router.
- Tri-Band technology ensures fast and uninterrupted connections for multiple devices, while 8 x 5dBi Omni-Directional Antennas provide superior coverage. MU-MIMO also helps reduce waiting time for devices communicating with the best router for streaming. Plus, connect your guests quickly and easily with the touch of the logo ”WAVLINK” – no need to enter passwords!
10. TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
- The TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router is the latest and greatest in home networking technology. This router supports dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 5952 Mbps and comes with eight high-gain antennas for extended range coverage.
- The TP-Link AX6000 is also one of the most efficient routers on the market, utilizing OFDMA to increase average throughput by 4x in high-density scenarios. Whether you’re streaming 4K content or gaming online, this router has got you covered.
- The TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router is perfect for households with multiple devices and high demand for internet speed. With its powerful 1.8 GHz Quad-Core CPU and 2 co-processors, the best router for streaming eradicates latency and delivers stable performance.
- The ultra connectivity ports provide speeds up to 2.5 Gbps, while the advanced security features keep your network and connected devices safe. The TP-Link AX6000 is compatible with all internet service providers and comes with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare.
How to Choose the Best Router for Streaming
In order to choose the best router for streaming, you need to first consider your needs. What kind of streaming do you plan on doing? Do you need a router that can handle a lot of devices or just one or two? Are there specific features that are important to you?
Once you have determined your needs, you can then start looking at routers that fit those requirements. There are a lot of different routers on the market, so it’s important to do your research and find the one that is right for you.
Here are some of the things to consider when choosing a router for streaming:
- Range – How far does your router need to reach? If you have a large home, you will need a router with a good range.
- Speed – You want a router that is fast enough to handle your streaming needs.
- A number of ports – If you have a lot of devices that you want to connect to the internet, you will need a router with more ports.
- Wi-Fi standards – Make sure your router supports the latest Wi-Fi standards so you can take advantage of the latest features.
- Features – Some routers come with special features that may be important to you, such as parental controls or guest access.
- Price – Routers range in price from around $30 to $300 or more. Decide what you are willing to spend and then find a router that fits your budget.
When choosing a router for streaming, it is important to consider your needs and find a router that fits those requirements. There are a lot of different routers on the market, so do your research and find the one that is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best router for streaming?
There is no best router for streaming as each person’s needs will be different. However, some routers are better at streaming than others due to their features and performance. When choosing a router for streaming, you should consider factors such as the type of content you plan to stream, your internet service provider’s speed and bandwidth caps, and your home network’s layout.
2. Can I use any router for streaming?
No, not all routers are suitable for streaming. Some routers have features that are specifically designed for streaming, such as QoS (quality of service) controls that allow you to prioritize traffic and optimize speeds for streaming content. If you’re not sure if your router is suitable for streaming, check its best uses page.
3. What are the best router settings for streaming?
Your best router settings are unique to your needs and depend upon the type of content you will be streaming. For example, if you plan to stream HD videos, increase your Quality of Service (QoS) bandwidth setting to at least 10%. If you will be using an online gaming service such as Xbox Live or PlayStation Network to stream games, lower this setting to prioritize game traffic. Keep in mind that the best router settings may vary depending on the type of device you use to connect with your wireless network.
4. Which is better: wired or wireless connection for streaming?
A wired connection is generally faster than a wireless one due to the speed and reliability of the wired connection. However, a wireless connection is more convenient and can be used anywhere in your home. If you have a choice, use a wired connection for devices that need the best possible streaming performance, such as your gaming console. For other devices, a wireless connection will work just fine.
5. What can I do if my router isn’t working well for streaming?
If you’re having problems with your router’s streaming performance, there are several things you can do to improve it. First, check your internet service provider’s speed and bandwidth caps to make sure you are getting the best possible speeds for streaming content. Second, try using a different device to connect with your wireless network; different devices may work better with certain routers. Third, increase your router’s QoS bandwidth settings to improve speeds for streaming content. And finally, if you’re still having problems, consider purchasing a new router that is specifically designed for streaming content.
We hope this article has helped you find the best router for streaming in the future. A good, reliable wireless connection is essential to watch movies or TV shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video without any lag time. When choosing a new router, make sure it’s compatible with your current devices and can handle 4K video streams at 60fps while providing an ample speed of internet connectivity (at least 10Mbps).