The Motorola MB8611 was released in July of 2020 from Zoom under the Motorola brand name. It is currently the best-selling DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem on Amazon. It is compatible and approved for use with Comcast XFINITY Gigabit services. Furthermore, it is long-term future-ready and works with all XFINITY Internet tiers. The Motorola MB8611 XFINITY modem has an MSRP of $169.99 and is currently on sale for $149.99.
Motorola MB8611 Product Review & Features
- DOCSIS 3.1 – The Motorola MB8611 is compatible with multi-gigabit speed tiers
- Backward compatibility as a 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- Approved by Comcast XFINITY and COX for all speeds including XFINITY Gig & Gigabit Pro & COX Gigablast
- Most Importantly, DOES NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability
- Connect to any WiFi Router for shared internet across your home
- Best if used with a WiFi-6 Router, however
- A 2.5G Ethernet provides downstream just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream up to 800 Mbps (when supported by your cable service speed.)
- Active Queue Management (AQM): Reduced Internet latency for faster page loading
- Cost-saving solution: In short, owning your own modem typically saves the average home $156 per year in monthly rental charges
Motorola MB8611 XFINITY Modem Ratings / Review
Aggregate Rating: Based On 384 Ratings From Across The Web
- Manufacturer: MTRLC LLC
- UPC: 0855631006644
- MPN: MB8611
- Condition: New
- Release Date: 2020-06-05
- Same As / Manufacturer Page
More Features Of The MB8611
- First, the Motorola MB8611 XFINITY modem is a super-fast DOCSIS 3.1 modem plus 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 for very fast Internet
- 2.5 Gbps Ethernet works with even the fastest routers and personal computers. Helps to prevent throttling of Gigabit cable Internet speeds. Far superior to LAN port bonding.
- Full-band Capture Digital Tuning enhances speed and saves energy
- Works with a WiFi router, Windows or Mac computer, SmartTV / Media Player, game station, or other. Internet access for more than one device requires a router.
- Great for Netflix® and other video streaming, gaming, Facebook®, web browsing, emails, and more.
- Works with Xfinity® from Comcast and other cable modem services
- Typically saves $156 per year in Xfinity cable modem rental fees. Savings depend on your service provider.
- Vertical case saves space and enhances cooling
- High resistance to lightning and to power surges
- Future proof, including DOCSIS 3.1, DOCSIS 3.0, 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet, and more
- Fast and easy setup, with high-quality documentation
- Supported by expert, friendly techs in the USA
- 2-year warranty from a company you trust
What You Should Know About DOCSIS 3.1
- DOCSIS 3.1 is the fastest cable modem standard, supporting Internet speeds of many gigabits per second.
- Actual performance depends on your service and the devices sending data through the MB8611cable modem.
- Even if you don’t have 3.1 services now, you can benefit from the 32×8 3.0 capability that’s also built into the MB8611.
- Compatible with 3.1 and 3.0 services, the MB8611 supports Active Queue Management (AQM), which significantly reduces lag and delivers more responsive gaming, video conferencing, and more.
- For more, details about DOCSIS 3.1, please see www.motorolanetwork.com/31
What To Know About The 2.5 Gbps Ethernet LAN Port
- This very fast Ethernet LAN port helps you get maximum performance from high-performance routers. If you subscribe to a service above 1 Gbps, a LAN port of only 1 Gbps can reduce actual speeds. Some cable modems aggregate two Ethernet ports to address this problem, but a single 2.5 Gbps LAN port is far superior to LAN port aggregation.
- This cable modem also supports 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps LAN supports, as a result, it’s fast and flexible.